Thursday, February 27, 2014

Yum!

Brrrr! Another cold snap has hit us again, with temps down in the single digits. I am so ready for warmer temperatures! But who are we kidding. Where I live we can still get snow in April! The way this winter is going, that just might be the case!

I've noticed  that spring is a common theme for challenges lately. Seems like we all want it to come! So I decided to make a spring themed card. We're trying to get my husband hooked on Downton Abbey, so last night we watched the first one and I got out my pencils and colored. This House Mouse is one of the images I did.


Robins are always the bird to watch for when looking for spring. We usually have a couple pair nesting around us and it is so fun to watch them feed their babies. They are all mouth, waiting for that bug to drop in!

Just a humorous note. When I was searching for a sentiment to put on this card, I almost used one from the same stamp set that says "yum". My daughter wanted me to. Guess I've passed my sick sense of humor on to her!

I'm entering this card in:
Crafty Cardmakers - Come Fly with Me
Little Red Wagon - Spring
Mod Squad - Thinking of Spring
Cute Card Thursday - Springtime
House Mouse - anything goes
Hiding in my Craft Room - What's buggin' ya
Crafting by Design - Colors of Spring

Thanks for stopping by! Hang in there, spring is coming!


15 comments:

  1. This card is beautiful. I love the colored embossed panel and your coloring of the image is just lovely. Nice sentiment and I think you made the right decision by not listening to your daughter on this one. LOL A sense of humor is so important in life. It was great to see you here at House Mouse & Friends this week and we do hope to get to see more of your cards in the future. Enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That embossed panel at the back is devine, and your image is coloured beautifully. Roll on Spring I say!

    Thanks for sharing with us

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty little scene card. We always watch for the robins too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I LOVE house mousies!! And what a darling card and wonderful coloring! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Mod Squad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so cute! Love those little mice too! Thanks for playing along in the Mod Squad challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous card Brenda, your embossed background is stunning, a great design and colour scheme. Your image is adorable and lovely details!!

    Thanks for joining House Mouse & Friends Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Cute, love the image and colouring too!! Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely spring card. We are having a gray wet day today but with our lack of rain I don't think you'll hear anyone complain about it (and you don't have to shovel rain out of the driveway before going anywhere). I love the pretty colors in your card. I think "YUM!" is the perfect sentiment for that card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card, the image is so sweet . Thank you for joining us at CCM&M this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet card! Thanks for sharing it at Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable! So true about the challenges lately! This week it is Spring Colors! LOL! Thanks for joining us at HIMCR!

    Hiding in My Craft Room
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Saw this at Mod Squad and had to comment. I love the scene on your card! So cute! And yes, I think "YUM" would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It will be nice to hear birds chirping again...long winter. Love this sweet image and how you colored it up. Pretty card. Thanks for joining us for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining House Mouse & Friends Monday challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Mousey hugs
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous embossed background, and coloring on this cad! What a cute stamp....yum, would have worked!

    ReplyDelete