Monday, February 10, 2014

Spring, please...

I know it is only February, and only a little over a third of the way through it, but I am longing for spring. I want to be able to go outside without putting boots on, to dig around in my garden, to watch the new life spring up in all the plants and trees. Oh, to feel the warmth of the sun, smell the fresh turned earth, to hear the birds sing ...  It's coming. And soon I hope.

I know I'm not the only one longing. Over at Sunday Stamps, they have a challenge of looking for spring. Don't those daises look cute! I might have to go see if I can buy some flowers to brighten up my home.

                                            

I decided to make up a card for it. SCS was having a stair-step challenge so I used the word celebrate for my steps, and the colors from Sunday Stamps. The flowers are from a Tim Holtz die cut and the burlap ribbon is SU.


I'm also entering it in:
Hiding in my Craft Room - Super Scraps Saturday
Sweet Stampin - Sentiments
Jo's Scrap Shack - anything goes
Sister Act - ready for spring

Here's to looking for Spring!


11 comments:

  1. Your fabulous card has me longing for Spring too! I love the step effect of the background and those bright and cheery flowers. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color variation of the step ladder is effective. The burlap ribbon is just the right amount of texture. The colors evoke spring feelings. Beautiful all around design. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card, love the colours.
    Thank you for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet spring card!
    Thank you for playing with us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Hope you will join again next week.
    Pia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card.

    Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin'

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really neat. Thanks for playing at HIMCR.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the burlap ribbon. Beautiful card for spring. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Brenda! I am a huge fan of your work :) Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sunday Stamps. We sure hope to see you again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful card - and I agree - spring can't come too soon - winter has been long this year. I love your "celebrate" background and the burlap ribbon accent. Thanks for playing with us at Sunday Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card! I love your stairstepped stamping of celebrate and the layered flower on the burlap ribbon. This card does make me think of spring so thank you for that as I look out at a snowpiled landscape. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps this fortnight--please join us again soon!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete