Thursday, December 26, 2013

Bows and Babies

I hope everyone had a blessed Christmas this year! I know I did.  It was wonderful to enjoy my family and friends yesterday in the warmth of my home. I didn't have to go anywhere or do anything except bake a ham for a rather casual dinner. I basked in the glow of a fire, the love of my family, and the wonder of my God.

I did have a few moments in between presents, eating, and games to sneek up to my craft room to play. I recently learned how to make bows! This has been a skill that I have not been able to master for years! StampTV had a tutorial on how to do it so I gave it a try. I'm embarrassed to tell you how many times I had to watch the video to get it! But I think I did.

I made this first card for Crafting by Designs challenge "It's all New" and for Allsorts, who had a challenge for brown and blue.



One of the new stamp sets that SU will be coming out with in January is called Baby We've Grown. I read some where that it is good to make 5 different cards using a new stamp set to familiarize yourself with it. I managed to do three.


This one is for The House that Stamps Built. I loved their sketch, and I got to practice making bows again! You may be seeing lots of them on my cards in the next couple weeks!

This last card I kept simple. I think the owls are so cute.


Thanks for stopping by to look! Hope your day is wonderful.

4 comments:

  1. All gorgeous creations and the top one is perfect for our colour combo! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Allsorts, good luck and a very merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards and I love the design for the one for the challenge, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three super cards, all so different Brenda.

    Thanks so much for joining in at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete