Sunday, September 22, 2013

Friendship

The last of the girls have left from the wrangler reunion my youngest daughter hosted. A bunch of girls she worked with at a ranch this summer came up for a sleepover. A couple of them even traveled 3 hours to get here. They ate, played games, ate, stayed up late talking, watched a movie, ate, played more games, ate... well, you get the idea. I think they had a good time.

It got me thinking about friendships and how important they are. Where would we be without those special people in our lives who are with us through all the ups and downs, the good and the bad, and who love us even when we don't feel lovable?

As I watched and interacted with the girls, I thought about a stamp that I have had for years and has never seen ink. I bought it when my oldest was quite young (she's almost 20 now), thinking it would make a cute scrapbook page. So I decided to ink it up and make a card for girlfriends.


I just love the girls walking in step looking like they're having a great time. I colored them in with prismacolor pencils. The stamp is from Delafield Stamp Co. and the friends stamp is SU Love Matters. Paper is Pumpkin Pie and Pacific Point.

I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches. Such a simple one and yet so vesatile. I made up another card using it too.

photos by Bekah Joan

This one uses the SU set Evergreen. I stamped the tree in Garden Green on white and the words on vellum in Stazon black. The dp is SU and Paper Studio. Black brads finish it off.

Thanks for stopping by and looking.

Brenda

1 comment:

  1. Two great cards! The first one celebrating the power of friendships is so inspiring! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete