Friday, September 13, 2013

A Pair of Pears

I harvested our pear tree today. We got a pretty impressive yield considering our tree is only two years old.
We planted it two years ago and were very dutiful last year in removing all the flowers. But this year we couldn't resist letting the fruit develop. And we were rewared with a very nice crop. Not enough to can, but certainly enough to munch on for a week.

In honor of our bountiful blessing, here are two pear cards I made.

This card uses SU soft suede and pear pizzazz cs as well as some of their dp. The pear is a Sissix Big Z die that I got on sale (I love sales!). The embossing folder is from Darice and the tag is an old one I had laying around. I sponged the edges with early expresso ink.


This one I really don't know what the color paper is in the background. It was just laying around so I used it. The dp is SU and the pear is in soft suede. The folder is paper studio.

As always, photo credit goes to my daughter, Bekah Joan. Check out her blog. She has some great photos.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Those pears looks delicious! Glad you got some wonderful pears from your tree! And, those cards highlighting the pears look so CUTE...well done!

    ReplyDelete